Granary Mews, Swan Lane, Faringdon, SN7


Guide price

  • Bedrooms: 2
A superb property that has been recently renovated throughout situated in the heart of Faringdon. Local connection required (shared ownership).

Granary Mews is a fantastic shared ownership house arranged over two floors. The property is situated in the heart of Faringdon within easy walk of the centre and local amenities. The current owners have fully refurbished throughout creating a wonderful and bright home with modern décor.

The accommodation comprises an entrance hall with stairs rising to the first floor. There is a large lounge at the front of the property leading through to a new kitchen / diner at the rear. The kitchen has ample storage and is finished in sleek grey and white tones. From here there is a downstairs cloak room and French door out to the patio.

Upstairs are two big double bedrooms, one of which benefits from in built storage. The family bathroom has also recently been refurbished and is finished to a good standard. There is a loft hatch on the landing which take you up to a vast space with good head-hight and a dormer window to the front. This has the potential to be converted subject to relevant planning permissions.

Outside to the rear is a small patio area, ideal for alfresco dining and off road parking for one car.

The advertised pprice is for an 80% share and there is no rent is payable for the remaining 20%.

There is however a combined ground rent / maintenance / insurance charge is £426.90 per annum. Details of the break down available on request.

The property is leasehold with 110 years remaining.

The buyer will need to be a qualifying person and will have to meet certain criteria relating to connections to the district and their financial circumstances.

The historic market town of Faringdon, dating back at least to the 12th century, has a thriving community and amenities such as the Leisure Centre, Library, Faringdon Community College, Junior and Infant schools as well as The Old Station Nursery, doctors' and dentists' surgeries and a Family Centre. Buses travel from the town to private schools at Abingdon. The town now boasts three large supermarkets.

Faringdon is also ideally positioned for the A420, leading to the A34, M40 and M4 and mainline railway services from Swindon, Oxford, Oxford Parkway and Didcot Parkway. There is a frequent bus service through the town from Swindon to Oxford and back, linking to rail services and airports.

The Tower on Folly Hill was built by Lord Berners in 1935 and affords panoramic views across four counties. For over 20 years, the town has been twinned with Le Mêle-sur-Sarthe in France and in 2004, Faringdon became the first Fairtrade town in the South East of England.

Arrange viewing 01367 240356

Perry Bishop & Chambers - Faringdon

16 Market Place, Faringdon, Oxfordshire

See all properties from this agent

Send me homes like this by email