A FRANTIC mum has described the moment she feared her daughter was having a stroke after her drink was spiked on a night out.

Mileigh Loftus was rushed to hospital as she couldn’t control her body following a night in Bath. She believes the substance used was a liquid form of ecstasy.

The 22-year-old hairdresser was out with a group of family and friends in Bath last weekend when she fell seriously ill on Saturday night while on the train back to Swindon.

British Transport Police helped her and made sure an ambulance was in Swindon when the train arrived.

Mileigh, who lives in Swindon, said: “I knew straight away I wasn’t right and just kept saying to myself 'why can’t I control my body?'. I couldn’t stop crying because I had no control.

“Why would someone want to see me in this state, whether it was for fun or to even harm me. It was the worst moment of my life.”

She added: “If something was to of happened I would of had no control and that’s the upsetting part of it all.”

Mileigh could not stop vomiting, and lost control of her speech, hands, legs and body due to a reaction to the drug.

She was taken to Great Western Hospital where she had blood tests, was put on a heart monitor, had brain scans and was on a drip for 13 hours to help clear the toxin from her body.

Now mum Kelly wants to use this horrific incident to raise awareness to prevent other parents and youngsters from going through the same ordeal.

The mum-of-two said: “You hear about people’s drinks being spiked and the terrible outcome that follows but you never think it will happen to you or a loved one.

“Mils has been extremely lucky, and I pray this hasn’t caused any ongoing problems for her.

"It looked as if she was having a stroke. She was enjoying her night like everyone else until someone targeted her. They have done more than just ruin her night.

“It could have ended so much worse. To know that someone has done this to my child is terrifying. To watch their victim suffer and become immobile so they can have control is absolutely spineless.”

Mileigh is still recovering from the effects of Saturday’s incident. Along with her friends and the emergency services her mum would like to personally thank the woman who helped keep her daughter calm and safe.

Kelly said: “What she did will always be remembered and I can’t thank her enough.”

The incident is being dealt with by Avon & Somerset Police, but Wiltshire Police assisted and visited Mileigh in hospital.

A spokesperson for Wiltshire Police said: “We were contacted by BTP reporting that a 22-year-old woman had been taken to hospital due to suspicion that her drink had been spiked.”