PENHILL: Magistrates handed down a 12-month suspended sentence to Terry Blastock, 43, after he pleaded guilty to assaulting and stalking a woman.

Blastock, who gave a care of address in Melksham Close, admitted assaulting the victim on December 22 and stalking her between December 27 and January 20, causing her serious alarm by following her and parking outside her home.

He harassed another woman for several days in January, knowing she did not want contact with him.

And Swindon magistrates heard he was caught on January 20 with amphetamines in his possession. Blastock admitted all the allegations.

His sentence was suspended for 24 months and he was told by the bench the reason for the jail sentence was the impact on his victims, including the fact they had to change their routines.

A restraining or was imposed banning him from contacting either of the victims and he was told to take part in an accredited programme with probation as well as pay £200 in contributions to victim services and prosecution costs.

EASTLEAZE: Shoplifter David Jones, who helped himself to sweets, food and wine from two stores, was given a 12-month conditional charge by Swindon magistrates.

Jones, 68, of Stonefield Close, pleaded guilty to taking £2-worth of chocolates from Poundland on October 21 and £28 of food and wines from Iceland on the same day.

He was instructed to pay £20 towards victim services and £45 towards court costs.

SWINDON: Fraudster James Barrass was given a curfew by magistrates after he admitted he knowingly used a stolen contactless bank card to buy goods from three Swindon supermarkets on the same day.

The bench heard he acted with another man on April 14 last year when he targeted the Co-op, Tesco and Morrisons.

Barrass, 29, of Paderborn Court, Bolton, was electronically tagged to stay in his home between 8pm and 4am daily for six weeks. He was ordered to pay £125 in court costs and victim surcharge.

KINGSHILL: Resisting a police officer while he was under a conditional discharge earned Lee Turner a 12-month community order when he appeared in the dock at Swindon Magistrates Court.

Turner, 30 of Manor Road, admitted breaching the order, which was imposed in September last year when he was convicted of threatening violence to gain entry to a property. He also admitted a charge of using threatening behaviour.

The magistrates told him to pay £40 to victim services and £85 court costs.

SWINDON: Tiago Da Costa was ordered to, pay compensation of £160 after he shoplifted in Boots on October 30. Da Costa, 37, of Torrington Court, admitted the charge.

SWINDON: Magistrates jailed Stuart Randall, 38, for three months after he pleaded guilty to possession of drugs and assaulting a police officer.

Randall, of no fixed address, admitted possession of crack cocaine, a separate charge of possessing cannabis and breaching a suspended sentence imposed by South West London magistrates in November for stalking.

EASTLEAZE: Sheldon Thomas was jailed for six weeks after he failed to turn up for probation appointments as part of a community order.

Swindon magistrates revoked the order, which was made on January 9, and sent Thomas, 37, of Stonefield Close, to prison for because of his wilful and persistent failure to comply. The order had been imposed when he was convicted of assisting in the retention or disposal of stolen goods.

GRANGE PARK: A man who assaulted five police officers and caused an obstruction was instructed to undergo alcohol treatment as part of a 12-month community order.

Alexander Macdonald, 30, of Marney Road, admitted assaulting two officers on January 3. The court heard he then obstructed Tewkesbury Way on March 10 and assaulted two female officers and their male colleague as well as another man. He went on to damage a cell camera.

He admitted all the charges and Swindon magistrates ordered him to pay £50 compensation to each of his six victims.