Fire crews fought for nearly seven hours to put out a blaze thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The firefighters from Royal Wootton Bassett, Westlea, Swindon, and Stratton were called out to Lydiard Green, Lydiard Millicent, at 3.05am after the fire started in a shed. It spread to a garage, then to the roof of the house next to it.

An aerial appliance was brought to the scene and six breathing apparatus wearers used three hose reel jets and two main jets to douse the fire.

It was finally out just before 10am.