LEAGUE Two leaders Lincoln City had a man sent off as they were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Northampton Town.

Bruno Andrade put the Imps ahead but the hosts were down to 10 men just before the break when midfielder Harry Anderson was shown a straight red card.

Defender Aaron Pierre then hauled the Cobblers level from a corner in first-half stoppage time.

Mansfield Town, though, failed to make up ground as they lost 1-0 at Newport County, who followed up their FA Cup heroics.

Robbie Willmott, who was on target to help knock out Championship side Middlesbrough at Rodney Parade in midweek, grabbed another crucial strike on 15 minutes.

Third-placed Bury closed the gap to second place down to a point after a 3-2 win at Morecambe.

Danny Mayor put the Shakers ahead, with Jay O'Shea scoring either side of half-time. Richie Bennett and substitute Steven Old set up a tense finale, though.

Colchester United climbed to fourth with a 3-0 home win over Cheltenham Town.

Kane Vincent-Young and Frank Nouble put the Us in control before the break, with on-loan Shrewsbury midfielder Abobaker Eisa later wrapping things up.

Play-off hopefuls Forest Green Rovers were beaten 2-1 at home by bottom club Notts County.

Jim O'Brien broke the deadlock on 57 minutes, but Rovers were soon level through a free-kick from Joseph Mills. Dutch winger Enzio Boldewijn won it for the Magpies with 13 minutes left.

Carlisle United came from behind to draw 1-1 at home against top-seven rivals Exeter City.

Nicky Law gave the visitors a first-half lead, which was cancelled out by Jamie Devitt's free-kick.

At the other end of the table, Macclesfield Town fought out a 3-3 draw at home to Crewe Alexandra after both teams scored in stoppage time.

Jordan Bowery had given the visitors an early lead, but Scott Wilson equalised.

Chris Porter's penalty restored the home side's advantage. Nathan Cameron then headed in a second for the Silkmen on 74 minutes.

George Ray looked to have won it for Crewe deep into added time, but Reece Cole secured a dramatic equaliser for Sol Campbell's side to spark disturbing scenes at the end of the game between the rival sets of supporters.

Oldham Athletic were 3-0 winners at Crawley Town.

Johan Branger's free-kick broke the deadlock, with substitute Zachary Dearnley and Gevaro Nepomuceno also scoring late.

David Amoo's first-half goal have Cambridge United a 1-0 home win over Port Vale and Tranmere Rovers beat Stevenage 2-0, the visitors finishing with nine men.

Kieron Morris headed Rovers in front in first-half stoppage time. Stevenage defender Ben Nugent was sent off for a second caution with 15 minutes left, and James Norwood then scored again for Rovers. Town substitute Elijah Adebayo was shown a straight red in stoppage time.

Managerless Yeovil Town were beaten 3-1 at home by Grimsby Town and finished with 10 men.

Wes Thomas put the Mariners ahead, before an own goal from Yeovil defender Adel Gafaiti made it 2-0. Craig Alcock was sent off on 64 minutes for a second caution before Kristian Dennis scored Grimsby's third. Alex Fisher headed in a late consolation.