HARRY Williams struck a late winner last night to seal a second dramatic victory in a row for Swindon Supermarine at the start of the new Southern League Premier Division South season.

Williams’ cool finish with two minutes left on the clock snatched a 2-1 success away at Hartley Wintney – just three days after Lee Spalding’s side had claimed an equally dramatic 3-2 win at home to Walton Casuals in their season opener.

The two sides could not be separated in a goalless first half in Hampshire, although Marine were grateful to the woodwork for keeping them level at the break as Hartley’s Josh Webb crashed a powerful effort against the crossbar.

There was still no splitting the teams in the early stages of the second period and it needed a penalty for the deadlock to be broken.

Marine were the side to end the parity after 72 minutes as Stuart Fleetwood lashed home from 12 yards after the striker was felled in the box himself.

The lead did not last long and Hartley brought themselves level just eight minutes later when Tyron Smith hit the back of the net.

Marine were not content to travel home with a point, though, and were soon back on the attack.

Their efforts were rewarded as Williams grabbed a superb winning goal after latching onto Conor McDonagh’s through ball before lifting a delicate chip over the home keeper.

Elsewhere, Shrivenham secured FA Cup progress in thrilling fashion thanks to a penalty shoot-out win in an extra preliminary round replay at Holmer Green.

The two sides were forced to meet again after sharing a 1-1 draw in Saturday’s original tie – and that was how it finished again last night.

Shrivvy were made to pay for a slow start as Ben Booker put Holmer in front with little over 10 minutes on the clock.

The visitors battled back well and finally got their reward with just two minutes to go as Tom Ballard curled home to level the scores and send the game to extra time.

No winner was forthcoming in the additional half-hour, with the outcome having to be decided by the lottery of penalties – with Shrivvy holding their nerve to win 5-4 in the shoot-out.

Royal Wootton Bassett Town were eliminated following a 1-0 defeat away at Aylesbury Dynamos in their own replay.

Like Shrivvy, Basset spurned home advantage in their quest to progress on Saturday as they drew 1-1.

And it was Aylesbury who made the most of the rematch, with Terry Griffiths getting the only goal of the game in the first half with a header.