LEE Martin and namesake Aaron both scored to keep Exeter City at the top of League Two with a 3-1 win at Carlisle United.

Lee's 36th-minute opener was cancelled out by Olufela Olomola's header on the hour, only for Aaron to head home six minutes later following a cross from Nicky Law, who scored a third in added time.

It maintained the Grecians' two-point cushion over Newport County, who secured a 1-0 win over Port Vale 13 minutes from time thanks to Jamille Matt.

That kept County ahead of Crewe Alexandra on goal difference after Tom Lowery scored for the second successive match, with Charlie Kirk adding a late second, as Alex beat Grimsby Town 2-0 at Blundell Park.

Macclesfield Town made it just one defeat in six matches in all competitions since the departure of Sol Campbell in mid-August but had to settle for a 1-1 draw at Crawley Town as Theo Vassell's opener was cancelled out by Bez Lubala in the 73rd minute.

Plymouth Argyle were pegged back by struggling Oldham Athletic in a 2-2 draw having initially recovered from Johan Branger's opener for the visitors to take the lead through Scott Wootton and Byron Moore, only for David Wheater to score his second in three appearances.

Jack Aitchison's 78th-minute strike proved to be the difference as Forest Green Rovers won 1-0 at Cambridge United, while Paudie O'Connor's goal two minutes from time snatched a 2-1 win for Bradford City at home to Northampton Town.

A Michael Harriman own goal had got the hosts, who saw Zeli Ismail sent off for a second bookable offence in added time, back into the game after Charlie Goode had opened the scoring.

Danny Lloyd scored twice as Salford City drew 2-2 at Morecambe, who bounced back from going 1-0 down to score twice within five minutes of the second half through Shaun Miller and Lewis Alessandra.

Cheltenham Town scored twice in the last 10 minutes to edge a six-goal thriller at home to Stevenage.

The game was level at 2-2 with Gavin Reilly and Shane Long cancelling out substitute Danny Newton's two goals for the visitors before Ryan Broom and Alex Addai secured victory.

Bottom side Scunthorpe United's miserable run continued as a 2-0 defeat at Mansfield Town, with Matt Preston and Danny Rose inflicting the damage, made it one point from seven matches.

Colchester United against Walsall finished goalless.