CREWE Alexandra moved to the top of the Sky Bet League Two table after a thrilling 4-2 win at Carlisle United.

Nicky Hunt got the visitors off to a perfect start as he fired home from close range after seven minutes and Daniel Powell doubled the lead 20 minutes later.

Hallam Hope and Christie Elliott struck within five second-half minutes to draw Carlisle level.

But Chris Porter's strike 12 minutes from time and Gethin Jones' 85th-minute own goal secured Crewe the win and stretched their unbeaten run to five matches.

Exeter City are level on points at the top, behind only on goals scored, after a 1-0 win over Forest Green Rovers, who started the day as leaders and finished it in fourth.

Rovers had leapfrogged Exeter last weekend after a six-game unbeaten run, coupled with three matches without a win for the Grecians.

But Matt Taylor's side ended those runs with Ryan Bowman's strike after 11 minutes the difference between the two sides.

Mansfield Town eased to a 6-1 victory over Oldham Athletic in a match which featured a remarkable first half.

After a sedate opening half hour, Nicky Maynard struck twice in three minutes to give Mansfield a 2-0 lead.

Oldham then were reduced to nine men as Tomas Egert saw red for a bad tackle after 37 minutes before Filipe Morais was shown a second yellow a minute later.

Remarkably, Oldham pulled one back through Thomas Hamer before Maynard completed a hat-trick in first-half stoppage time.

David Wheater's own goal, Oladapo Afolayan's effort and Jimmy Knowles' penalty in the second half stretched the lead.

Stevenage picked up their first win of the season with a 2-1 victory over Grimsby Town.

Kurtis Guthrie and Charlie Carter scored in the first half to give the EFL's bottom side control.

Akheem Rose pulled one back after 80 minutes but Stevenage climbed off the bottom.

They were replaced at the foot of the EFL by Morecambe, as Hope Akpan and Aramide Oteh gave Bradford City a 2-1 win at the Globe Arena, which moved the Bantams up to third.

Tom Brewett grabbed an added-time consolation for the hosts.

Scunthorpe United had made their worst start since 1963, winning just once in the league, but stormed to a 3-0 win over Northampton Town.

Lee Novak struck twice early on before Kevin Van Veen made it 3-0 after 31 minutes.

Northampton Town were reduced to 10 men as Vadaine Oliver saw red on 53 minutes for a dangerous tackle on goalkeeper Rory Watson.

Adam Rooney's strike gave Salford City a 1-0 win at home to Cambridge United.

Reece Grego-Cox and Mason Bloomfield scored for Crawley Town as they came from behind to beat Colchester United 2-1, after Luke Prosser gave the visitors a first-half lead.

Macclesfield Town also battled back from behind to pick up a first win in eight league games with a 3-1 victory against Port Vale.

Richard Bennett opened the scoring for Vale, but Arthur Gnahoua and Emmanuel Osadebe gave the Silkmen the win.

Leyton Orient beat Walsall 3-1. Stuart Sinclair gave Walsall the lead, but Joe Widdowson, Matt Harrold and Conor Wilkinson, who was sent off moments later - struck to turn it around for Orient.