FIRE fighters from three stations were called to a blaze at a commercial premises in Chippenham yesterday afternoon.

Workers at the premises had already started to fight the fire when crews from Chippenham, Corsham and Bath went arrived at Cocklebury Road just after noon.

A spokesman said: "Upon arrival, crews found a fire involving a light fitting that spread to a battery in the office block.

"The fire was extinguished by staff on site using a dry powder extinguisher and fire crews used two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera.

"Gas monitoring was also carried out inside the premises to ensure the environment was safe to re-enter once the fire was confirmed as fully extinguished."