HARRY Williams netted a brace as Swindon Supermarine battled to a 2-0 win over Hendon at the Webbswood Stadium on Saturday.

A pair of first-half goals from Williams settled the game in the hosts favour and saw Lee Spalding’s side pick up their fourth league win in a row against a visiting side who are still finding their feet under new manager Lee Allinson.

Marine started off in control at the Webbswood and should have taken an early lead when Fleetwood found himself through on goal.

However, after choosing to take the ball around Watford loanee Dante Baptiste in the Hendon goal, the Marine striker’s touch was too heavy and the chance was lost.

Williams opened the scoring after 25 minutes though – Ryan Campbell whipped in a cross from the left that the striker simply had to side foot into the back of the net from 10 yards out.

By now, Marine appeared to have found their stride and the home side made it two shortly after.

Curtis Guthrie found Fleetwood inside the box before the Welshman slipped a pass inside for Williams to slot into the corner.

Williams had a great chance to complete his hat-trick just after the hour mark, bringing down a long ball before turning inside onto his right and forcing a good save from Baptiste in goal.

Marine did not look like adding to their lead thereafter though, and Hendon even had a couple of chances to reduce the deficit, but the efforts were either off target or comfortable saves for home goalkeeper Martin Horsell.

Spalding’s side saw out the remainder of the game with few problems and remain fourth in the Southern League Premier Division on 33 points.

Reflecting on a comfortable win for his side, Spalding said: “We’ve scored two really good goals, kept a clean sheet and it’s another three points.

“We created four good chances in the first half and could have gone in 4-0 up.

“We could have kept the ball slightly better in the second half at times, but I thought overall the performance was really good and we were full value for the win.

“I felt we did enough to win the game quite comfortably. We just felt it was a case of making sure we’re nice and solid and making sure we didn’t concede in the second half.

“I felt we did that, we limited them to not a lot, and it was a convincing 2-0 scoreline in the end.”