Storm Ciara caused havoc with the fixture programme of the Shoestrings-chargrill Chippenham Sunday League at the weekend with just five scheduled matches somehow beating the elements. It’s as you were in the Premier Division as the matches between Bath Road Vs FC North Wiltshire, Bromham Vs AFC Melksham and Faded FC Vs Westbury Rangers fell foul of the wind and rain.

Three top-flight sides were in action as they battled for a place in the semi-finals of this year’s Wiltshire Sunday Cup, leaders Worton & Cheverell had built up a healthy 3-0 lead away at Salisbury League side Halfway House Harriers before the thunder and lightning arrived causing the match to be abandoned after 60 minutes, meaning that Jake Waters hat trick counted for nothing as the match it likely to be replayed.

Box Rovers saw their County Cup run come to an end after they were beaten 4-0 away at Tidworth Town, the Andover Sunday League outfit whose goals all came in the second half remain on course for a hat trick of cup wins.

Another team to see their Sunday Cup dreams come to an end was FC Lacock who were beaten 4-3 away at Salisbury First division leaders West Harnham FC. Harnham had already accounted for both Lavis FC and Lion & Fiddle in earlier rounds and for s third time they claimed a narrow victory. Trailing 3-1 at the break Lacock responded well and despite goals for Dan King, Mark Dolman and Miles Littlechild came up just short as they looked to book a place in the last four.


With their own pitch at the Beeches, Shaw unplayable, Old Road switched their Division One clash with Sporting Box to Vallens Terrace and for the hosts a 1-1 draw saw them pick up their first point after 7 straight league defeats. James Weymouth gave Sporting Box a half time lead which was cancelled out by Sam Van Weenan’s second half effort for the Old Road.

FC Libby were unable to raise a team for their clash with local rivals New Inn Wacker last weekend, leading to New Inn receiving 3 points, the two teams came together at a windswept Audrey Avenue and although they had to work for the points this weekend, New Inn again took all 3 thanks to an 11-2 success.

After falling behind to a Sam Robinson goal, New Inn were woken from their winter slumbers as they raced to a 5-1 interval lead. Emilio Menghini helped himself to a hat trick, Luke Whittard and Brentley Roberts scored 2 each with a goal apiece from Mkumbi Sokoni, Danny Ashwood, Lee Fordham and Damian Hansford who rifled home a spectacular 25 yard effort made up Wacker’s 11. Kyle Palmer scored the second Libby goal.


Steeple Ashton’s run of four straight defeats came to an end on the 3G pitch at Beversbrook where they overturned a 2-0 half time deficit to claim a 2-2 draw away at London Road Inn in their first of back-to-back Division Two clashes.

David Mullins first half double had seemingly put London Road in what appeared to be a comfortable position, however a combination of the weather and a spirited comeback from Ashton proved otherwise as Aiden Lane’s goal halved the arrears prior to Aaron Burbidge slamming home a deserved equaliser for the villagers.

Oscar Webster certainly had his scoring boots on for FC Devizes United as his 9 goal haul helped his FC Devizes United side coast to a comfortable 16-0 triumph at home to Misfits FC. Along with Webster’s treble hat trick, Kian Fulford also claimed a hat trick, Gabriel Armstrong, Charlie Strickland, Jack woods and Callum Keates also got found the net. Although he never got his name on the scoresheet, there was a welcome return to action for James Stobbart who after a long running injury came of the bench for his first action of the season.

Wednesday Warriors may have lost 6-3 away at second placed Lavis FC, however the match was a keenly fought contest that ebbed and flowed before Lavis finally killed of the visitors to the Lye. Bradley Edwards may have given Lavis the lead, but they found themselves 2-1 down as goals for Kristien Green and Noah Millard put Warriors 2-1 up before Simon Parfitt restored parity for Lavis prior to half time.

After the break, Jamie Hancock regained the lead for Lavis only for Ethan Green to draw Warriors level once more. Former Warriors player Bradley Edwards fired Lavis back in front and on this occasion there was no way back for Stuart Green’s side who fell further behind to a penalty from substitute Mark Maguire before Tom Wade drove home a long range effort to wrap up the victory for Lavis FC.