CREWE Alexandra missed the chance to move to the top of the League Two table after they were held to a 1-1 draw by struggling Morecambe.

Swindon's game against Mansfield was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch, opening the door for Crewe, but they were unable to take advantage.

Perry Ng opened the scoring for Alex two minutes after half-time but Aaron Wildig levelled matters in the 68th minute.

Two other games fell foul of the wet weather, with Forest Green, Leyton Orient, Stevenage and Walsall all having the afternoon off.

Brennan Dickenson scored in the 82nd minute to earn Exeter a 1-1 draw with Crawley and ensure they stay in third place. Ashley Nadesan had opened the scoring in the 34th minute.

Alfie May and Chris Hussey scored in a 2-0 win for Cheltenham over Colchester as the Robins moved into fourth place above Plymouth. Omar Sowunmi was sent off late on for the Us.

It was a bad afternoon for Argyle, who were reduced to 10 men before half-time against play-off-chasing Bradford when Gary Sawyer was shown a red card for a bad foul.

Argyle were already behind after Ben Richards-Everton gave the hosts the lead in the sixth minute, and Dylan Connolly doubled the advantage in first-half injury time.

Plymouth finished the game with nine men, with Antoni Sarcevic also seeing red, although they did pull one back through Ryan Hardie three minutes from time.

Northampton and Port Vale occupy the final two play-off places. The former were 3-0 winners over Grimsby, Charlie Goode and Callum Morton scoring in the first half an hour before Morton added some late gloss.

Vale were held to a 2-2 draw by Scunthorpe having twice led. Mark Cullen and Nathan Smith scored for the hosts but Alex Gilliead and George Miller cancelled out the advantage, the latter equaliser coming in the 90th minute.

These are difficult times off the pitch for Oldham but they enjoyed a brilliant afternoon on it, Danny Rowe scoring twice in a 5-0 victory over Newport. Zak Dearnley, Tom Hamer and Jonny Smith also found the net.

Struggling Macclesfield were beaten again, Ashley Hunter and Richie Towell scoring in the first half in a 2-0 victory for Salford.

Carlisle ended a five-match winless run by beating Cambridge 2-1. Lewis Alessandra and Nick Anderton put the Cumbrians two up and they held on after Reggie Lambe pulled one back late on.