CORSHAM Town signed off 2017 in style as they recorded a 2-0 victory away at Ashton & Backwell United last Saturday.

The win was a seventh of the season for Jamie Harrison’s troops, who continue to perform on the road as five of those success have come away from their Southbank home.

Leigh Rogers grabbed his third goal of the season, while Tony McElhone’s strike saw him open his account for the campaign.

The win also signalled the club’s first clean sheet since the end of September, which bemused the Corsham manager, who admitted his side weren’t at the races on Saturday.

“It was probably our worst performance of the season. Ashton & Blackwell probably deserved a little bit more than what they got,” said Harrison, who’s troops host Chard Town on Saturday.

“We ended up getting three points and a clean sheet, whereas in the other four games which we lost, we probably deserved a lot more from.

“By the end of the game, Ashton probably had 10 or 15 shots, without really threatening the goal too much.

“It was very strange for us. Scoring goals has been the only thing which has been missing for us. Once we do that, we are OK.

“We have been striving for consistency for a while now. Our problem has been that we haven’t been able to name the same team twice this season.

“We are at home to Chard next and we have some big games coming up in January because they are all against teams who are around us in the table.”

Chippenham Park also claimed victory at the weekend as they were 5-1 winners at home to Wincanton Town.

Ben Pring chalked up a hat-trick, while Lewis McCarron and Garry Lock both registered solitary efforts in the home win.

Substitute Cullen Wylie was the hero for Devizes Town as he popped up to rescue a 1-1 draw with Almondsbury.

Benjamin Chick got on the scoresheet for the visitors, before Wylie got Devizes back on terms in the second half.

Malmesbury Victoria finished the year with a defeat as they were swept aside by Chard Town away from home.

At the break the hosts led 2-1, as Ed Wilkins notched for the visitors, before they conceded twice in the second half to lose 4-1.

Calne Town’s clash with Potishead Town fell victim to the weather, as it was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Westbury United also kept up their good form, as they recorded a 4-0 win at home to Bishops Lydeard. 

Joshua Ferguson chipped in with a solo effort, while Dan Kovacs compounded his return to fitness with a hat-trick. 

His first came 10 minutes after the restart, before claiming his second and third in the 61st and 75th minute. 

Warminster Town were also due to be in action, but their trip to Radstock Town was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.