CORSHAM Town boss Jamie Harrison said his side were lucky to come away with a point against high-flying Keynsham Town despite having a 2-1 lead at half time.

Harrison’s troops were able to bring an end to Keynsham’s eight-match winning streak with a 2-2 draw at the AJN Stadium.

The hosts took an early lead through James Ollis in the 12th minute, a goal which prompted a tactical change from Harrison.

The reshuffle paid dividends as Adam Mitchell equalised before Nick Chandler got the visitors in front before the interval.

However, the lead didn’t last long as the hosts levelled up the scoring on the hour mark and almost went on to win the game, if it hadn’t been for Chandler’s late goal-line clearance.

“I don’t have mixed feelings about the game at all. Keynsham were by far the best team we have played this season, they were excellent,” said Harrison.

“We went 1-0 down and were chasing shadows for about 20 minutes. Then we changed formation to stop what they were doing.

“Against the run of play we went in 2-1 up and they dominated us in the second half, we had to see it out to get the points.

“I was really pleased to get the point, they were on a really strong run of wins so to stop them was good.”

The point leaves Corsham 18th in the table with 27 points from 28 games and while they don’t have much to play for this season, Harrison still wants to collect as many points as possible, starting at home to Bishops Lydeard this weekend.

“They (Lydeard) have been free scoring and we haven’t played them yet so they’re an unknown quantity,” added the Corsham boss.

“We want to finish the season strongly, we know we’re good enough to pick up more points.”

Elsewhere in Toolstation League Division One, Chippenham Park were beaten 2-1 by Westbury United, who returned to the top of the table with the victory. Lewis McCarron notched for Park, Dan Kovacs scoring in each half for Westbury, while Park’s Jordan Coulter and substitute Jamie Cunning were both dismissed.

Malmesbury Victoria and Devizes Town saw their match postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, but the latter were due to take on Bristol Telephones on Wednesday night.

Calne suffered a 5-2 defeat to Roman George St Glass, Stuart Windsor netted both goals for Ben Redford’s side.