SWINDON Supermarine drew 1-1 away at Tiverton Town on Saturday thanks to a header from Harry Williams.

Marine’s hard-fought point took them up to fifth in Southern League Premier South - seven points behind the imperious Hayes & Yeading United after six games.

Fielding new signing Chris Zebroski, Marine began brightly at the Ian Moorcroft Stadium as the former Chippenham Town striker tested home stopper Lewis Williams with a low shot which was saved.

Tiverton soon began to assert some pressure of their own though, and Aaron Dawson missed a good early chance to open the scoring.

Another chance was blasted over from a good position by Tiverton’s Andy Watkins before the best move of the half. Marine’s Zack Kotwica cut in from the left and struck an excellent curling shot towards the top corner, but Williams reached out to flick the ball over. The lively Olaf Koszela then went close then for the hosts in an end-to-end encounter, but he put the ball into the side netting.

Prior to half-time, Martin Horsell pulled off a diving save away to his right to deny Louis Morison and ensure the game remained goalless at the break.

The game’s two goal came around 10 minutes after the restart - Olaf Koszela bundled home from close range after Gary Warren was denied by Horsell via an outstanding stop.

But 60 seconds later, Marine had responded in style as Zebroski burst down the left and swung in a cross for Williams to flick into the far corner.

Very few chances were created thereafter, with Marine happy to settle for a point from a tough away day.

Elsewhere, Highworth Town recorded a brilliant 3-2 victory away at Paulton Rovers on Saturday.

Man of the match, Felipe Barcelos struck the bar in the opening moments, however, he would go on to score twice before half-time to put the visitors on level terms.

Edward Butcher and David O’Hare’s respective 25-yard strikes ensured the two teams would walk off at the break all square.

But five minutes into the second half, Ross Adams’ side won the game through Rhys Wells after he dispatched Harrison Edwards’ cross from the left.

Meanwhile, away from league action, Royal Wootton Bassett Town booked their spot in the FA Vase second qualifying round thanks to a 1-0 win over Knaphill.

Joe Selman scored the only goal of the game for Sam Collier’s side in the 29th minute at the Gerard Buxton Sports Ground.