Thirteen incidents during latest firefighter strike
DURING a nine hour strike by members of the Fire Brigades’ Union between 10am and 7pm yesterday, Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service dealt with 13 incidents.
Of these, nine were false alarms, three were related to bonfires and one was a co-responder attendance, supporting South Western Ambulance Service.
Five of the false alarms were attended by a resilience pump operating in Swindon, and were in Wroughton, Stratton, North Swindon, Walcot, and Meadowcroft. One in Stratton was attended by a Cricklade crew; one in Melksham was attended by a Corsham crew; one in Salisbury was attended by a crew from Wilton; and one in Downton was attended by a crew from Amesbury.
The Service is now planning for a series of two-hour strikes by the FBU over eight consecutive days, starting from July 14. Details of these actions are:
• Monday 14 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm
• Tuesday 15 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm
• Wednesday 16 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm
• Thursday 17 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm
• Friday 18 July - 6am to 8am and 11pm to 1am
• Saturday 19 July - 11am to 1pm and 11pm to 1am
• Sunday 20 July - 5pm to 7pm
• Monday 21 July - 6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm.
For more safety advice for homes and businesses, visit www.wiltsfire.gov.uk
Comments are closed on this article.